- Physically move the device to another street address
- You will be working from a remote location on a soft-phone or secondary device for an extended period of time
- The device is re-assigned to another user or location.
Configuring E911 is a simple process that has two parts. First, we must set associate a physical location to a telephone number on your account. Once that has been done, we associate the E911 address location to the individual extension so that we can correctly pass along the physical location of each extension to emergency personnel.
How to update your E911 Address for a Telephone Number
by logging into your RingByName account online here.
Don't remember how to login to your account, or forgot the password? Click here for more information.
on click on the menu bar navigation icon located at the top left corner of the screen, and select "Go to System Administration" from the menu.
Please note, if you are not an authorized account administrator this option will not appear.
- Next, tap on the "Phone Number Assignment" menu to load your company telephone numbers.
- To edit the E911 properties, swipe from left to right on the telephone desired, then tap on "E911 settings"
- Select the E911 configuration for the telephone number.
You may select any of the following actions:
• Select an Exisiting Address already on your account to be used as the E911 Address
• Provision a New Address
• Set the telephone number as outside the USA, Canada, and Puerto Rico
Provisioning a new address for E911 Service
After you select "Provision New Address" from the menu option list, a new window will appear.
Complete all fields of the form including:
- First & Last Name
- House number
- Address direction and Street Type
- Postal Code
Click "Save" at the top right to complete your transaction.
Tip: If the address
is not accepted, check the US Postal Service or Canada Post for the
For the US Postal Service Website, please click here.
For the Canada Post web site, please click here.
Setting a number as international without E911 service.
If you are outside the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, or the telephone line will be used by outside of the country it is possible to flag the account as outside the USA.
Please note, that if you are within the US, Canada, or Puerto Rico and your telephone line is set to "I am not located within the US/CA/PR" you will not be able to reach emergency services.
Next, Set the E911 location for each User extensionSetting the E911 location for each User extension
- Navigate to the "User" configuration area of the mobile application by tapping on the four horizontal bars at the top right corner, then tapping on the "User" button.
- Select the user from the list, then swipe from right to left, and click on the "E911 Association" button.
- Tap on the drop down list and select one of the addresses, then click "Save" to complete the operation.
- Repeat the process for any other users.