Getting to know your device
Getting familiar with the handset
The DP715 Handset has a dynamic screen. The screen displays different information depending on whether the handset is idle or in use (active screen).
The handset keypad
The handset display
Hands free Speaker mode
Setting the loudspeaker volume
Muting the microphone
Setting the ringer volume
Setting the ringer melody on the handset
Setting the keypad lock
Making and receiving calls
Please follow the steps to make and receive calls on your cordless VOIP telephone:
During phone calls
Please see below for all available call handling features on your cordless device.
Place a call on hold by pressing the “Recall” button on the Handset. Press the “Recall” button again to release the previously held Caller and resume conversation.
Call waiting tone (3 short beeps) indicates an incoming call, if the call waiting feature is enabled. Toggle between incoming call and current call by pressing the “Recall” button. First call is placed on hold. Press the “Recall” button to toggle between two active calls.
Blind call transfer
This function is applicable using the Handset for VoIP calls only. Assume that parties A and B are in conversation. Party A wants to Blind Transfer B to C:
1. A presses RECALL on the Handset to hear the dial tone.
2. A dials *87 then dials caller C’s number, and then # (or wait for 4 seconds)
3. A will hear the confirmation tone. Then, A can hang up.
This function is applicable using the Handset for VoIP calls only. Assume that parties A and B are in conversation. Party A wants to Attend Transfer B to C:
1. A presses RECALL on the Handset for dial tone.
2. A then dials Caller C’s number followed by # (or wait for 4 seconds).
3. If C answers the call, A and C are in conversation. Then A can hang up to complete transfer.
4. If C does not answer the call, A can press “flash” to resume call with Caller B.
Three way conferencing
Assume that parties A and B are in conversation. Party A wants to bring C into a 3-way conference:
1. A presses RECALL (on the Handset) to get a dial tone.
2. A dials C’s number then # (or wait for 4 seconds).
3. If C answers the call, then A presses RECALL to bring B, C in the conference.
4. If C does not answer the call, A can press RECALL back to talk to B.
5. If A presses RECALL during conference, C will be dropped out.
Checking voice mail
- Dial *97 and press the send key or activate the speaker function of the phone
- When prompted by the system, enter your voice mail box number (this is typically the same as your extension number)
- Enter your PIN when instructed by the voice mail system