RingByName offers business owners and managers the ability to monitor and generate reports to measure the efficiency of calls handled by departments within their organization.
Article Quick Links
Who can access Call Monitoring?
How do I access Call Monitoring?
What information is displayed in the on-demand report?
Live Call Monitoring
Why don't some of my departments appear in the drop-down?
What is Call Monitoring?
Call monitoring is a Contact Center feature which allows managers to keep an eye on the volume of inbound and outbound calls within a department and audit the performance of call representatives, to maintain quality/span> standards, or to assess the staffing levels of a particular department or ring group.
Access to Call Monitoring reports, as well as the ability to launch live monitoring screens, is restricted to department managers and to system administrators. Within the web application, click on your name located in the top-right corner of the screen and click on "System Administration" in the drop-down menu.
If this option is not visible, you do not have manager permissions or are not a system administrator. For access, please contact your system administrator or RingByName Technical Support.
Within the web application, click on your name located in the top-right corner of the screen and click on "System Administration" in the drop-down menu.o:p>
Click on the Monitoring icon located along the top navigation area.
To generate an on-demand report, select the desired date range, the desired department, and click on search.
The on-demand report generates information for the selected department during the timeframe selected. It displays information about the number of calls and how they were handled, providing managers of contact centers and sales organizations a snapshot of the effectiveness of their teams. This information can be used to measure the effectiveness of their teams, gauge staffing levels, or the configuration of their call routing schemes.o:p>
The information is displayed in two sections, a graphics section displaying key information, and a table with performance metrics for individuals in the department.
· Total Inbound Calls: The total number of calls received by the selected department during the time period selected.
· Total Outbound Calls: The total number of outbound calls made by members of the selected department during the time period selected.
· Rollover Calls: The percentage of calls received by the department that were sent to the roll-over destination.
· Abandon Rate: The percentage of calls where the caller hung up the call before being answered.
· Missed Calls: The total number of unanswered calls received by the selected department during the specified time period.
· Unreturned Calls: The total number of calls that were not answered. This report generates a list of of these calls for follow-up and tracking. More information is available here.
· Top 10 Users/ Extensions with Longest Answer Time: the top ten extensions in the department with the longest ring time until answer in the specified time frame.
· Top 10 Users/ Extensions with Lowest Talk Time: the top ten extensions in the department with the lowest amount of talk time in the specified time period.
The table displayed just below the graphics section displays individual metrics for each user/ extension in the department. These metrics can be downloaded as a spreadsheet by clicking on the CSV button located at the top right corner of the table.
To open a live call monitoring screen in a new detachable browser tab, click on the Expand Screen button located at the top right just above the search button. Unlike the on-demand report, the live call monitor view will update in real-time for the selected department.
IIn the new tab, click on the drop-down window to select a department, then click on the search button to launch a live monitoring session.
The call monitoring system will only display departments which do not have call queuing enabled.
For this reason, we offer a training program at the user level to help your team take advantage of all the live data and features we offer. We also offer administrative level training so you and your administrators are able to update the configuration of your system to suit your business needs. All of our training is done with designated specialists looking to better your business.
To schedule a session, open the following link https://www.ringbyname.com/training/ and follow the instructions on the screen. To get the most value out of Ringbyname, we advise you sign up for a training session in the morning hours after 9:00 AM.