How do I set up or update my voicemail box?
To set up voicemail boxes in bulk or set up department voicemail boxes, you must be an admin. The steps for bulk voicemail edits and department voicemail box edits can be found here:
All users can set up or update their personal voicemail box from their own web app following the steps below.
- Log in to your RingByName account at login.ringbyname.com
- Once logged in, click on the words 'Hi ' at the top right of the screen. A drop down menu should appear.
- Select the option 'Voicemail & User Settings'
- You can enable or disable your voicemail box with the 'Enable Voicemail' checkbox.
- If enabled, you can adjust the voicemail greeting using 'Use automatic greeting, Say this, or Use this file'
- 'Say This' will announce whatever you have in place in the language selected.
- Use this file allows you to use any mp3 file you upload using the 'add new file'.
- Below the voicemail options are additional settings including 'enable callback request' and 'receive email notifications of SMS' for getting email copies of inbound SMS messages.
- 'Enable Callback Request' announces a message if a call is missed to the caller asking them if they'd like a callback. If they opt for one, you'll receive an email of the request with their callback number.
- Enable Call Popup allows you to control whether or not you get call popup messages for inbound calls. If you use WebPhone, please be sure this setting remains enabled!
- Finally you can also select the language of all the fields for your Ringbyname Webapp with the Language Settings.
- Be sure to select 'Save' on the bottom right to save your changes!